Sunday, August 29, 2010

I Started Writing a Novel (WTF?)

I have always wanted to write a science fiction story and implant myself as one of the characters. I have far too much going on in my life to even thing about doing it right now, right? Yes, it is true, right now is not a good time for another project. Nevertheless, I started writing it last night. I also decided to add it to my writing schedule. Only two hours a week. Sometimes I need some down time from teaching, reading, writing a dissertation, and grading papers. I could use the time to do a number of things, but nothing seems as productive as writing a novel. Will it be any good? Probably not. I am really just writing it for a couple of friends and myself.

In Other News.

I recently finished to books:

The Clockwork Muse by Eviatar Zerubavel. I would suggest this book to anyone with a very long and daunting writing assignment (book, dissertation, thesis, etc.)
Prelude to Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment